Tommy Bahama presents the Paddleboard Race and Ocean Festival happening June 8th at Santa Monica Pier. This is a free and family-friendly event for all spectators. Along with the races, you can enjoy plenty of beach games, races for kids, a surf history pop-up museum, live music and hula dancing. The Tommy Bahama Rum Lounge will provide plenty of drinks for adults, along with the Sierra Nevada Beer Garden.
Throughout the day many different races will take place. The races will include:
- Paddleboard & SUP Long course
- Fun paddling new elite race
- Ocean swims & lifeguard Dory races
- Luck of the draw SUP relay
- Free youth PX championships
- Junior swim & surfboard races
- Tommy Bahama teen challenge SUP relay cup
The top four winners from both the female and the male division will receive hand carved Koi bowl trophies and all paid competitors will receive a race T-shirt. Registration also includes complimentary lunch, snacks, drinks and your entry into the competition raffle. Over $16,000 worth of prizes will be given out during the event. You can still register with the late registration option, which will be open until June 8th.
The day kicks off at 6:45am with race registration followed by a Hawaiian blessing at 7:45am. The one-mile ocean swim will start at 8am and the lifeguard dory race will start at 8:45am. The long course race and the elite race will both start at 9:15am, with the Junior 250m swim starting at 9:25am. Throughout the day, you can enjoy many events other than the races including:
- Live hula performances – 9:30am
- The beer garden and rum lounge – opening at 10:30am
- Live music with the FuDogs – starting at 3pm
Come on enjoy a day of fun in the sun, while watching plenty of great races and enjoying plenty of activities for the entire family.